10 Cleaning Tips
by a Professional Housekeeper!
I own my own cleaning service and have many cleaning tricks I use to save time and money. I’m sure these tips will save you time and maybe even make cleaning more fun!
· Dust the ceiling fan blades using a broom. It makes it easy to reach without using a ladder and the sharp blades from the broom easily scrape off the dust.
· To clean behind the lid of a toilet where the screws latch onto the toilet, use a kitchen brush that has a handle. It gets in the cracks and wipes away all the dirt, it can also be used to wipe the base of the toilets so your hands never have to touch the toilet or a dirty rag!
· To remove water spot rings in your toilet use a product called “The Works”. You can find it at Wal-Mart or cleaning supply store.
· To remove water spots from shower glass doors us a product called Lime Away. You can find it at your local Wal-Mart or cleaning suppy store. Works like magic! Spray on, let set about 5 minutes, then wipe if off with a rag, then rinse off with water. Dry glass with a paper towel.
· To easily remove bathtub rings spray bathtub with “Scrubbing Bubbles” then brush with a kitchen brush and rinse. Scrubbing Bubbles does all of the “scrubbing” for you. Use the brush to loosen it from the bathtub and rinse. For more stubborn stains, scrub with Comet.
· To remove soap scum from shower use a heavy duty “Grease Remover” product that is made for kitchen cleaning. Works great for the shower, too!
· To get a sparkling clean and shiny stainless steel sink, use Comet then scrub it with a kitchen brush, rinse, and see the shine sparkle!
· The best way to completely remove animal hair on hardwood or tile floors, is to first sweep the floors with a broom, then vacuum the floor to pick up the remainder. Your floors will look amazing!
· To dust blinds use a micro-fiber feather duster.
Overall Cleaning Tips
· The best way to clean a room is to start at the top and work your way down. Clean high such as ceiling fans, blinds, and furniture. Always do the floors last so you “clean up” the dust that falls from the fans, blinds, and furniture.
· When vacuuming or mopping, work your way so that you finish at the door so you don’t leave foot tracks.
Copyrighted by Sew-Licious Home Decor